Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Fun Activities with the Little Ones: Part I

Out and About

- The Library: Libraries are awesome for children! They usually have a story time, which at our library includes a story, music, and a craft. We usually meet up with our friends there too which always makes it more fun!

-Home Depot: Check out your local Home Depot because often they offer a workshop one Saturday a month sometime in the mornings. The workshop consists of a project for your child to build. I have not hit this one up, but I hear it is a lot of fun.

- The Zoo: My son LOVES the zoo and petting zoos. We traveled a lot this summer for my husband’s job and every city we visited, we always went to the zoo. In fact, we were in Arkansas for only a month and bought a family year round pass to their zoo just so I had something to do with my son. We went at least twice a week! I think my son knows the name to every animal possible now and the sound they make!

-Grocery Store: My local grocery store offers mommy and me cooking classes. This is another one I have not tried yet, but I definitely plan on it. It’s worth it to call up your local grocer and find out if they offer something like this.

-Children Museums: No matter where we live, I am always on the lookout for children museums or indoor playgrounds, perfect for days with bad weather. I will usually go and check it out first and see if it is worth it to buy a family pass for the year. These are great places to have admission to when you just want to get out of the house.



-The Mall: Most malls have a children play area. It’s another great place to meet up with some other mommy friends and let the children play. It doesn't hurt either that there is shopping there too!

It’s good to get your child trying something new every once in a while. I like to get my children out of their comfort zone. It is good for their growth and I believe it is essential for making well rounded kids. Next week I will explore fun activities that you can do at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment