Monday, February 3, 2014

Sunday Funday

In my house Sunday is a very important day. We go to church services and honor God, and we watch football. My family has always been big 49er football fans, and my husband is also a HUGE 49er fan. Sadly, as you know they didn't make it to the Super Bowl.  Even so, we still watched the Superbowl. Here are some fun things to make your Sunday's extra yummy and fun. It doesn't even have to be for the Super Bowl, it can be for any football or sporting event. It is a great way to make friends. The boys always end up watching the game, and bonding, while the women end up girl chatting in the kitchen! I like to be by the food, I will admit! We usually end up having a Super Bowl Party every year.

Here are some great tips:

Invite a lot of people, because only about half will come (lots of people have things with their families).

Make tons of food! (start cooking!)

Make Game predictions. ( make sure they write it down at the beginning, so they don't change it!)

Have everyone bring one treat appetizer to share. (less stress for you, and you get to try new things!)

Here are a few pictures from past Super Bowl Parties!

 P.S I would never make Packer's cookies, my husband would kill me! Our good friends are die hard Packer friends!


 Get fun drinks, and put shaved ice over them! We like Old Fashioned Soda drinks!



Now looking at these pictures we all look like babies here!!

This year just moving into our new house we decided to invite a few people over for a Super Bowl party. Everyone knows the best thing about a Super Bowl Party is the FOOD! So, since we were hosting, I always like to make a lot of food!  My number one goal is not to kill myself. I think that is important for everyone to know. It is fun to make lots of food, but you are taking a lot of time away from your family. So, I make a few really yummy things and then I usually buy a few yummy things too.  I made BBQ Pork Sandwiches, Pizza, Peanut Butter Balls, and cookies. Then I bought Trader Joe's Spinach dip, (which is amazing) Red Vines, the Hawaiian rolls (sometimes I make rolls, but this year I bought them), and sweet potato fries. Everyone that came to the party also brought things! We had every thing from wings, crab cakes, fruit, muddy buddies, and tons of drinks! The party was a lot of fun, even though the game wasn't a very good game, or much of a game at all!


The night before I start the pork. I buy the biggest Pork Butt Roast I can, and put it in the crock pot.

Then I pour root beer until it is completely covered.

Put it on low.

I also do the peanut butter balls the night before. They are really easy and delicious!

Melt the chocolate with some Coconut Oil in the Microwave.

Get ready to dip, dip, dip.

I put them on a cookie sheet.

Then I drizzle white chocolate all over the top, to make it look fancy! Then put it in the fridge over night.

In the morning get up and pour the root beer and pork out.

I put the roast on a cutting tray and take off all the fat.

Shred it up in the crock pot that has been cle!

I add some purple onion, and lots of BBQ Sauce.

Here is the Spinach Dip.

Here is the BBQ Pork Sandwich mixture.  It is so delicious!

Here are the Peanut Butter Balls!

Here is the pizza I made!

We had a nice spread going on, and there was not much left!

Everyone enjoying the game!
                           

My little daughter decided to watch Little Mermaid on her mini DVD player.


Here I am with some of the girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment