Thursday, January 2, 2014

               8 Simple ways to change up your Look 


1. WEAR RED LIPSTICK...don’t let it scare you,( for many years I said 'no way Jose') But Trust me there are 100 hundreds, yes that many, different shades of red, SO Pick one that speaks to you. You will know it when you see it. Red lipstick is the ultimate feminine classy look; come on it’s been around forever!
***Side note.... wear it for a few days before you say no, it can feel weird at first (been there) but it can take some getting used to. There are too many ladies out there that think they don’t look good in red, nonsense, the lush, the big, the small lips all look good with color, be bold be confident change it up buy that red color.  


2. S H A P E your eyebrows... am I going to really admit to this... I have only really shaped my eyebrows only a couple of years now.... Can I say H E L L O it makes a big difference, I mean I didn’t have bushy eyebrows, a unibrow or too thin of a shape so I thought eh, nah not much to shape right? It wasn’t until I was at the Benefit counter picking up a few things, that they were doing a free eyebrow wax/shape with purchase (guess that was a rockin B I G deal) I remember thinking well so what, wish it was a free gloss or a fresh tube of mascara ... I’m still not going to let them touch my eyebrows! I had thoughts of ..What if they make me look horrible or what happens if they take too much off or fill them in a grossly amount, so I simply said no thanks.... BUT thank heavens for the lady who looked shocked when I said no and kindly made me feel comfortable about the idea and talked me into it! L O N G story short, GO get them shaped, don’t be afraid to tell them what you want, Eyebrows have a H U G E impact in the way you look, they shape/frame your face and eyes! SO go book your appointment


( Vero, one of my senior models... ) 

3. A C C E S S O R I S E... ok so some of us don’t wear jewelry, well perfect, start! Even a cute pair of earrings can M A K E an outfit! Accessories can spice up most outfits without having to buy a whole new wardrobe.
( statement Necklace I brought back from mexico, one of my favs)

4. YOUTUBE H A I R...so most of us don’t have a million ideas off the top of our head for hairstyles, right? BUT there are soooo many hair tutorials now online (It’s totally the 'in' thing right now). Easy and doesn’t cost you a trip to the salon cause you feel like a change on impulse. Even flipping your hair to the other side or parting it different, low bun high bun, the list goes on... YouTube easy hair tutorials.

5. FLATTER YOUR FEET. Shoes matter too ya know.... They can be a statement and an outfit changer in itself.

( flats/ bright colored heels, ya know its really whatever speaks to you shoes have personality... Oh and who doesn't love a pedicure, flatter and take care of your feet, it can really make you feel different) 

6. E X F O L I A T E ....A mid-week face treatment is always a good way to freshen up the way you feel and look. There are so many products out there, find one that works for you. Bye bye dry, flaky, dead skin cells...Hello fresh, dewy, glowing new skin.

( I learned a lot about beauty products at the Cosmo prof show I attend this last year, again find what works for you... you will have many options to choose from, also letting your naked face out every once in awhile/ or using minimal makeup is good too, changing my look with no mascara, more of a natural look.) 

7. F R A G R A N C E... sweet, Fun, Sexy, powerful all words describing perfume! Fragrance can give off such vibes, although the way you smell doesn’t give a visible change, it changes your vibe and the way you feel, and really in a lot of ways how people perceive you.


( I  L O V E  my Trish McEvoy #9... Makes me happy... running out, as you can tell ) 

8. G E T ORGANIZED...also not a visible change, BUT so what, cleaning out my closet or getting rid of things I haven’t touched in so long, feels good, feels like a BIG change to me, try it!  

        ( No pictures here... Working on this change now.... and its a little messy at the moment) 

No comments:

Post a Comment