Thursday, January 9, 2014

Cinnamon and Sugar Popcorn

                                  Cinnamon & Sugar Popcorn


                          

     So a few weeks ago I asked my husband to make some air-pop popcorn for us so we can enjoy it during our movie night.  As we cuddled up I tasted the popcorn and I noticed it was very buttery,  I said jokingly, "Wow, how much butter did you put in here a whole cube?!"  he replied, "Uhhh yeah."  ha!  I decided then and there that I would be in charge of popcorn from now on. Then I remembered this recipe my mom had and I just had to have some so my cravings would leave me alone. 

     This popcorn is just as good as I remembered it was.  Yum Yum YUM!  It has been in the family since I was a little girl.  It's such a quick, easy, and delicious twist on regular microwave popcorn.  I had popcorn at the movies the other night and I really didn't care for it, I was just thinking of this popcorn instead.  Anyway heres how to make it, first thing first, grab some of your favorite microwave popcorn, I like using a "lightly buttered" kind and we happened to have Orville brand. 

   


While the popcorn is in the microwave grab 1/2 Cup sugar, 2 TBS brown sugar, 1/2 TBS cinnamon, and 1/4 Cup melted butter. First you will want to mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.  




Then add 2 TBS of your "cinnamon popcorn mixture" to the melted butter and mix.  Now the butter and the sugar like to separate so make sure you mix it up really well right before you poor it over your popcorn. 

                                     


I like to keep the dry mix in a little tupperware container so it's quick and easy to grab.  Maybe now I will start keeping some in my purse when I go to the movies.... not a bad idea, I'll let you know how it goes.

   


Aren't these bowls adorable? I LOVE them! 

   


   


Cinnamon & Sugar Popcorn 

1/2 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
1/2 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
1 Bag Microwave Popcorn

     Mix the sugars and cinnamon together in a small bowl, when the popcorn is popped melt the butter and add 2 Tablespoons of the sugar mixture and stir, poor over popcorn, stir some more and enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment