Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Making Some Extra Cash

Many of us stay at home moms would like the chance to earn a little extra income on the side. We may use it for fun date nights or maybe putting it away to pay off student loan debt. Either way, it is just nice to have a little extra cash on the side. Here are some ideas to get started:
1.  Think about your natural talents. What are you good at? Are you an amazing singer with lots of training? Then consider teaching voice lessons or organize a youth choir in your area. If you love making crafts, then start selling them. I love music and have been playing the piano ever since I was little. I even minored in it when I went to college. So for me, I love to teach piano lessons and this is how I make a little extra "fun cash" for myself.
2. Think about your passions. What do you love to do? If you love baking, then start baking cakes and cupcakes for special occasions like weddings. If you love beauty, then you could start doing eyelashes. I know lots of people who do eyelashes on the side, like another one of our bloggers, Elise.  She loves it! If you love fitness, call around to see if any local gyms are looking for fitness instructors. You could teach a few classes a week. Plus, gyms usually have daycares so it is something you could possibly bring your children to. That is something my mom did when we were young.
3. Think about what you are trained in. What are your special skills? If you went to hair school, then use that license and cut hair on the side. If you went to school and got an early education degree, start a preschool at your house 2-3 days a week. If you are a trained athlete, then start doing summer camps or keep things simple and teach swimming lessons. If you took some cooking classes, then start offering your services to cater events.

There are so many ways to make money. Just remember to start small though. That will help avoid feelings of discouragement or being overwhelmed. Always remember to factor in your children and how you can manage them while doing extra things on the side. For me, I always set up my piano lessons after my husband gets home from work. I never want to take on too many students because I do not want to take away too much time from my family.  


These are some of my piano students and I at a recital I put on last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment