Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dress for the Occasion

I love to dress up for parties. I think some people would even agree that dressing up for the party, sometimes is even more fun than the actual party! I think this is just part of being a girl. I remember in High School my best girl friends and I would spend hours getting ready for Homecoming, or Prom. We would do our nails, makeup, and hair. It was so much fun. It is nice just to feel good about yourself when you go out. I think as we get older, sometimes we forget that fun of dressing up. It is really important for women to continue to get ready and go out and have some fun. The way we dress can really affect our self esteem. I know for myself, the days I don't get ready, I feel like crap. It makes me not want to go anywhere. I have had many periods of my life where my weight has also effected my self esteem. Weight has been a constant battle in my life. But wearing sweats all day is not the answer. So, get dressed and go out! Here are a few styles for different types of parties. The best thing is they are CHEAP!! I am a bargain shopper! So even if you don't have a lot of money you can still look cute!!

Casual
The first style is for a casual party.  This can mean a party during the day. For example: kids birthday party, lunch date with friends, family gathering, casual date night, movie night with the girls, and other casual activities. For this I wore black skinny jeans with brown boots. I wore a loose shirt with a short jean jacket. Everyone looks good in black skinnys. Just add a long shirt, and some boots and you are ready to go! It is always cute, and looks great on every shape!


 I got the black skinny jeans at TJMAXX! (Michael Kors for only $40!!!)



I got my brown boots at JCPennys on Black Friday! (Only $23 with a coupon)



I got my loose burgundy shirt on clearance at Nordstrom Rack! (only $7!)


 I got my jean jacket on a clearance rack at a local Skate Shop! (only $20 regular $60!)

My cute purse I got in New York, a total knock off, but I LOVE it! I will take a $60 fake vs a $1,600 real one any day!!

Semi- Dressy
For the Semi-Dressy Party. This can include things like: baby showers, bridal showers, girls night out on the town, bachelorette parties, friends birthday party, dinner party, date night, and other Semi-Dressy activities. My big rule of thumb is, when in doubt, dress Semi-Dressy! It is preferred to over dress than under dress! For this I wore my dark denim jeans, with short black boots. I wore my leopard shirt with my black blazer! Then always dress up with cute gold accessories, and a black purse!


I bought my dark demin jeans at Marshalls! (They are Paige jeans, but I got them for $60!)


I got my Leopard shirt at Nordstrom Rack on the clearance. (for only $7!!!)
I got my black short boots at Kohl's Black Friday sale. (Only $25 regular $60!)


I got my black blazer at Forever 21! (it was on the clearance rack for $15)

My black purse is a real Coach purse. But it was given to me as a gift!

Dressy
Now for the Dressy Party! This is the most fun to get ready for! Dressy examples are: company parties, fancy date night, fancy girls night out, hosting a fun fancy party, holiday parties, anniversary dates, and more dressy activities. For this I wore a simple black dress. Every girl needs a simple black dress! They are so easy to dress up. I added a belt, jewelry and some cute pumps, add a a clutch to tie it all in.



I got my black dress at Ross! (it was only $30)

I got my cute leopard pumps at Marshalls on clearance! (they were only $25)


 I got my cute clutch at Marshalls on clearance! (it was only $20 regular $60)

My belt was a Christmas gift from my Sister-in-Law! (#score!)

My cute jewelry was also a Christmas gift from my Sister. (#doublescore!)

 Add some red nail polish, and red lipstick, and you will look super classy for your Party!



 Now it is time to go out there and dress for your occasion. Most importantly have fun, and look good for you!






No comments:

Post a Comment